Urgent help needed for press contact - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Francois Suter
Subject Urgent help needed for press contact
Date
Re: Urgent help needed for press contact  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Urgent help needed for press contact  (Richard Schilling <rschilling@nationalinformatics.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi all,

I was contacted a while ago by a French computer magazine who's going
to run a special issue on open source databases. They are supposed to
run case studies and I directed them to several volunteer French
PostgreSQL users.

Now they have just come back with a spreadsheet for comparing 4 OS DBs:
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird and MAXDB/SAPDB. The deadline for filling
the table is tomorrow morning and there are some answers I don't (and
some stupid questions I would rather not answer, but that's beside the
point).

So I would greatly appreciate any help to answer the following:

-time to install (in hours) (talk about a stupid question!)
- hot backup: do we support that? (I'm not quite sure what is meant by
that: replacing a database with its backup without losing a single
transaction?)
- replication: I mentioned eRserver. Should I mention something else?
- the 3 strongest points
- the 3 weakest points
- minimal configuration in CPU, RAM and disks
- max number of databases, records, record size, simultaneous
connections
- memory footprint per connection
- max number of SQL queries per second (that sounds ridiculous, it
really depends on what query)
- number of users in the world

TIA for the help.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco