Re: Urgent help needed for press contact - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Urgent help needed for press contact
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Francois Suter writes:

> -time to install (in hours) (talk about a stupid question!)

0.084 h plus time for download/CD access

> - hot backup: do we support that? (I'm not quite sure what is meant by
> that: replacing a database with its backup without losing a single
> transaction?)

Yes (pg_dump)

Hot backup means that you can back up the data without interfering with
the ongoing use of the database.

> - replication: I mentioned eRserver. Should I mention something else?

pgreplicator, dbmirror, clustered JDBC (well, not really replication, but
same result)

> - the 3 strongest points

features, extensible, really free

> - the 3 weakest points

too many features, too extensible, upgrades

> - minimal configuration in CPU, RAM and disks

1 CPU, 4 MB RAM, 1 disk (say, 100 MB)

> - max number of databases, records, record size, simultaneous
> connections

unlimited, unlimited, 1.6 TB, process limit of OS

> - memory footprint per connection

I count about 800 kB.

> - max number of SQL queries per second (that sounds ridiculous, it
> really depends on what query)

yeah...

> - number of users in the world

many :-)