Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Edson
Subject Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods?
Date
Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods?  (Angelo <nglrossi.ml@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I am aware of this, yes, but the data in question is all (both sets) contained on a single table.  That's why I was looking for a way to do a 'dump where (select foo where bar = 'criteria')' structure.

Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/11/07, Andrew Edson wrote:
> I'm needing to do a partial dump on a database. All of the entries in the
> db can be marked as one of two groups, and I've been asked to create a dump
> of just the second group. It is possible to do a select statement based
> dump and just grab the one set of records in the output?

you are aware you can dump a table at a time, right? pg_dump -t foo
dumps table foo. A partial dumping scheme would probably involve
using pg_dump with various flag in combination with a script that
makes a list of things to dump.

merlin

Looking for earth-friendly autos?