Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods?
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Edson <cheighlund@yahoo.com> writes:
> I am aware of this, yes, but the data in question is all (both sets) contained on a single table.  That's why I was
lookingfor a way to do a 'dump where (select foo where bar = 'criteria')' structure.

pg_dump is not in the business of editorializing on your data.  However,
as of 8.2 there is COPY (SELECT ...) TO ... which might serve your
purpose.  If you're on an older release I think it's temporary table time.

            regards, tom lane