Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Dumping part (not all) of the data in a database...methods?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/11/07, Andrew Edson <cheighlund@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm needing to do a partial dump on a database.  All of the entries in the
> db can be marked as one of two groups, and I've been asked to create a dump
> of just the second group.  It is possible to do a select statement based
> dump and just grab the one set of records in the output?

you are aware you can dump a table at a time, right? pg_dump -t foo
dumps table foo.  A partial dumping scheme would probably involve
using pg_dump with various flag in combination with a script that
makes a list of things to dump.

merlin