Re: My head is spinning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: My head is spinning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> BugTraq's one thing -- slashdot is another thing entirely.  I'm
> quite surprized, in fact, it hasn't hit Linux Today, slashdot, or
> Linux Weekly News.

I'd be very surprised if it is mentioned on Slashdot (LWN + Linuxtoday
carry routine security advisories, so they'll probably have it at some
point). The security problem is *not* that serious.

> If push comes to shove I can push RPM's out Saturday, if the tarball
> is ready.  If not, Monday morning at the earliest.

I'd say release the RPMs when they are ready, a couple days won't make
a big difference either way. Given that the only remotely serious hole
(the datetime bug) has been public knowledge for a matter of weeks,
there's not a lot of point to panicking at this point.

Cheers,

Neil