Re: My head is spinning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: My head is spinning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 22 August 2002 11:42 pm, Neil Conway wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > If push comes to shove I can push RPM's out Saturday, if the tarball
> > is ready.  If not, Monday morning at the earliest.

> I'd say release the RPMs when they are ready, a couple days won't make
> a big difference either way. Given that the only remotely serious hole
> (the datetime bug) has been public knowledge for a matter of weeks,
> there's not a lot of point to panicking at this point.

Oh, I'm not panicking.  I just try my best to release RPM's as close to
coincident to the tarball release as possible.  Otherwise I get complaints.

And you're right -- the security issue itself isn't that serious (as I have
posted to both BugTraq and the OpenACS forum) -- but remember the mindset of
the typical slashdot reader.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio