Re: My head is spinning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: My head is spinning
Date
Re: My head is spinning  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 22 August 2002 10:40 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 August 2002 06:07 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > There is so much going on, I am having trouble keeping things straight.
> > > Just thought I would let everyone know.  ;-)

> > Quite busy, eh? :-)

> Yep.  I don't know where to start.

Well, Ok, I think we're going in the right direction.  The one thing I would
like to see is a release target for 7.2.2.  There is a substantial interest
in our userbase for this, judging from a thread among OpenACS developers.
Thus far it's not hit bigger news sites -- but I can tell you right now, with
my media experience, that people will assume the worst -- and if/when this
hits slashdot, we really need a response to 'whence 7.2.2'. BugTraq's one
thing -- slashdot is another thing entirely.  I'm quite surprized, in fact,
it hasn't hit Linux Today, slashdot, or Linux Weekly News.  When/if it does,
*SHA-ZAM*.  I'd personally like the news item to read 'PostgreSQL developers
release security update' rather than 'Security hole found in PostgreSQL'.

If push comes to shove I can push RPM's out Saturday, if the tarball is ready.
If not, Monday morning at the earliest.

> > Hey, Bruce, gyroscopes spin to keep them stable.....

> That doesn't seem to work for me.

Well, we've already seen kudos go out to Marc.  I think a round of applause
should also go to some other people -- but in particular Bruce has always
done a fine job of getting the release ready for packaging.  Not to take away
from other's efforts, just maybe to help encourage someone else who is
feeling overwhelmed (a couple hundred thousand lines of Fortran, a complete
website redesign, a major renovation, and some major engineering/surveying
work have my attention here... and that's just one job).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio