WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress
Date
Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress  (Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>)
Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress  ("Dennis Brakhane" <brakhane@googlemail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Chaps,

I'm getting the aforementioned warning in my logs from a closed source piece of software.  The software helps us
convertover some old proprietary data files, and it's basically just done a COPY into a newly created table, after the
warningit then goes on to create some indexes.

I presume it's issuing some sort of commit or rollback without a begin, however the programs authors are telling me
that'snot the case and their software is not at fault.

Does anyone know if something else could be causing it?

I've posted a detailed log here:

http://privatepaste.com/cb0iywATbd

.. if someone would be so kind to have a quick look I'd appreciate it. I've posted everything, so it's about 1000
lines.The warnings are on lines 459 and 475.

I've tried to follow the StartTransaction / Endtransaction lines and I don't think I can see an error there. Is there a
possibilityits something in PortalRunUtility ?

Thanks
Glyn