Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Chaps,
>
> I'm getting the aforementioned warning in my logs from a closed source piece of software.  The software helps us
convertover some old proprietary data files, and it's basically just done a COPY into a newly created table, after the
warningit then goes on to create some indexes.

> I presume it's issuing some sort of commit or rollback without a begin, however the programs authors are telling me
that'snot the case and their software is not at fault.

> Does anyone know if something else could be causing it?

If you're using connection pooling it's possible that the a connection
is getting reused and a commit is happening there.

It's not an uncommon practice to do a rollback when first getting a
shared connection to make sure it's fresh and clean...