Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject Re: WARNING: 25P01: there is no transaction in progress
Date
List pgsql-general

> If you're using connection pooling it's possible
> that the a connection
> is getting reused and a commit is happening there.
>
> It's not an uncommon practice to do a rollback when
> first getting a
> shared connection to make sure it's fresh and clean...

That's interesting to hear.

Although we do have a connection pool for our clients to connect through, we are not connected through it when we do
ourconversions. Also the same behaviour occours when connecting to my test setup which doesn't have any connections
goingthrough a connection pool.