Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Date
List pgsql-general
Randolf Richardson <rr@8x.ca> writes:
> [sNip]
>>> In summary, you could be charging them for some very expensive courier
>>> services, if for which they don't pay then you won't deliver.  =)
>>
>> Of course a competitor could purchase a copy or get it from a customer
>> and set up shop right away selling it too.
>
>         Ah, so even the GPL has a few loop holes!  =D

If you read the GPL very carefully, you may find that it was crafted
with considerable care and intent.

I _don't_ think what MySQL AB is doing with it is quite what was
intended, but the various side-effects that you see are, by and large,
quite intentional, even the ones that don't play into scenarios of
Richard Stallman as "Evil Overlord."
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','ntlug.org').
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/spreadsheets.html