Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson, DevNet SysOp 29
Subject Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Date
List pgsql-general
[sNip]
> For exsample, if I have a product that I built for a customer, I would
> have to give it to them under the GPL.  But I also have the choice to not
> give it to them AT ALL.  So, they pay me to get it, and the license is
> the GPL.  Their other choice, if they didn't pay me, would be to not have
> it at all.  It's likely that I could sell this same software to multiple
> entities, because the likelihood of the first company having the time,
> personel, and motivation to just giving it away on the Internet are very
> small.
[sNip]

        In summary, you could be charging them for some very expensive courier
services, if for which they don't pay then you won't deliver.  =)

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This message originated from within a secure, reliable,
high-performance network ... a Novell NetWare network.