Re: BUG #13773: BigInt column right padding zero - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: BUG #13773: BigInt column right padding zero
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 13/11/15 01:19, adolfo-goncalves.junior@serpro.gov.br wrote:

> Bug reference:      13773
> Logged by:          Adolfo Cavalcante
> Email address:      adolfo-goncalves.junior@serpro.gov.br
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.5
> Operating system:   Linux Ubuntu
>
> We have a Linux server running Postgresql 9.4 and a Java 6 client
> application wich was using the JDBC driver postgresql-9.4-1204.jdbc4.jar.
> After updating to postgresql-9.4-1205.jdbc4.jar driver, Bigint pk columns
> are returning an extra zero at right. We insert 123 in the column, the
> select returns 1230. It's important to say that this behavior is
> intermittent. We saw at the version changelog that somethinq was changed in
> the long->Bigint implementation, it may be a clue.

Note that Java 6 is no longer publicly supported & Java 7 is approaching
EOL!!!

I suggest that you seriously consider upgrading to Java 8 for both
security & performance reasons - quite apart from all the shiny new
features.

Cheers,
Gavin