BUG #13773: BigInt column right padding zero

From
adolfo-goncalves.junior@serpro.gov.br
Date:

Bug reference:      13773
Logged by:          Adolfo Cavalcante
Email address:      adolfo-goncalves.junior@serpro.gov.br
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.5
Operating system:   Linux Ubuntu

We have a Linux server running Postgresql 9.4 and a Java 6 client
application wich was using the JDBC driver postgresql-9.4-1204.jdbc4.jar.
After updating to postgresql-9.4-1205.jdbc4.jar driver, Bigint pk columns
are returning an extra zero at right. We insert 123 in the column, the
select returns 1230. It's important to say that this behavior is
intermittent. We saw at the version changelog that somethinq was changed in
the long->Bigint implementation, it may be a clue.

Re: BUG #13773: BigInt column right padding zero

From
Gavin Flower
> We have a Linux server running Postgresql 9.4 and a Java 6 client
> application wich was using the JDBC driver postgresql-9.4-1204.jdbc4.jar.
> After updating to postgresql-9.4-1205.jdbc4.jar driver, Bigint pk columns
> are returning an extra zero at right. We insert 123 in the column, the
> select returns 1230. It's important to say that this behavior is
> intermittent. We saw at the version changelog that somethinq was changed in
> the long->Bigint implementation, it may be a clue.

Note that Java 6 is no longer publicly supported & Java 7 is approaching
EOL!!!

I suggest that you seriously consider upgrading to Java 8 for both
security & performance reasons - quite apart from all the shiny new
features.

Cheers,
Gavin