Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/07/2012 09:57 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>
>> A complete run of this process takes less than 15 minutes. And as I have
>> pointed out elsewhere that could be reduced substantially by skipping
>> certain steps. It's as simple as changing the command line in the crontab
>> entry.
> Is it possible to run it only when the *docs* have changed, and not
> when it's just a code-commit? meaning, is the detection smart enough
> for that?

There is a filter mechanism used in detecting is a run is needed, and in
modern versions of the client (Release 4.7, one version later than
guaibasaurus is currently using) it lets you have both include and
exclude filters. For example, you could have this config setting:
    trigger_include => qr(/doc/src/),

and it would then only match changed files in the docs tree.

It's a global mechanism, not per step. So it will run all the steps
(other than those you have told it to skip) if it finds any files
changed that match the filter conditions.

If you do that you would probably want to have two animals, one doing
docs builds only and running frequently, one doing the dist stuff much
less frequently.

cheers

andrew