Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of vie sep 07 13:50:44 -0300 2012:

> There is a filter mechanism used in detecting is a run is needed, and in
> modern versions of the client (Release 4.7, one version later than
> guaibasaurus is currently using) it lets you have both include and
> exclude filters. For example, you could have this config setting:
>
>      trigger_include => qr(/doc/src/),
>
> and it would then only match changed files in the docs tree.
>
> It's a global mechanism, not per step. So it will run all the steps
> (other than those you have told it to skip) if it finds any files
> changed that match the filter conditions.

Sounds good.

> If you do that you would probably want to have two animals, one doing
> docs builds only and running frequently, one doing the dist stuff much
> less frequently.

What seems to make the most sense to me is to have a separate work
directory for the buildfarm script to run, without setting up a whole
buildfarm animal.  That separate dir would build only the devel docs,
triggered only by changes in doc/src, and would not do anything else.
Thus we could leave guaibasaurus alone to do dist building.