Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page?
Date
Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page?
List pgsql-www
> We need a good description that sets it apart from the other options
> that are on the mac download page already. For example, it's
> "user-friendly mac-native" - how is that different from the EDB
> installer? (Humor me, I know very little about this part of the mac..)

Well, this is the official description:

Postgres.app is the easiest way to get started with PostgreSQL on the
Mac. Open the app, and you have a PostgreSQL server ready and awaiting
new connections. Close the app, and the server shuts down.

Is that too long?

> Do we know if the author is going to be keeping up properly with
> updates and patch releases? Is he (it's a guy? or a team?) on the
> packagers list? Should be?

It's Mattt at Heroku.  And yes, he should be on the packagers list.  He
will be keeping up with updates and new versions, although he may drop
old versions faster than our standard EOL policy.

I'll find his email address.

> From what I can tell the installer itself is in beta. Should we
> perhaps wait until it's release-ready?

Works now, at least on my mac.