Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page?
Date
Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page?
List pgsql-www
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/12 3:45 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 03:41:54PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Before we get to beta, I'd love to add Postgres.app to the downloads
>>> page.  Any objections?
>>
>> What does that do?
>
> User-friendly mac-native installer.

Assuming that Mac users like it (which several have said they do), I
see no reason not to. Three things, however:

We need a good description that sets it apart from the other options
that are on the mac download page already. For example, it's
"user-friendly mac-native" - how is that different from the EDB
installer? (Humor me, I know very little about this part of the mac..)

Do we know if the author is going to be keeping up properly with
updates and patch releases? Is he (it's a guy? or a team?) on the
packagers list? Should be?

From what I can tell the installer itself is in beta. Should we
perhaps wait until it's release-ready?

Other than that, +1 ;)