Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Add Postgres.app to the Downloads page?
Date
List pgsql-www
On May 9, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On 10 May 2012 00:02, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>>> What does that do?
>>
>> User-friendly mac-native installer.
>
> I agree with the idea. it's mostly for web developers who sometimes
> need to quickly run Postgres to test their application. Users don't
> have to install a service.

One of the most frequent questions I get from OS X users is "I'm having trouble installing Postgres - how do I do it?"
-apparently building from source on OS X is in vogue :-)

That said, I would agree with adding the OS X installer to the downloads.  There are some alternative ways of
installingit on OS X as well, but we want to make it as simple as possible.

Jonathan