Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum  (Fredric Fredricson <Fredric.Fredricson@bonetmail.com>)
Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum  (Robert Gravsjö <robert@blogg.se>)
Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 11/15/2010 5:53 PM, Lee Hachadoorian wrote:
> If anyone's interested, I've started accessing the postgres list through
> gmane.org (along with several other mailing lists I subscribe to). It's
> gives you the choice of reading the list as a threaded archive, a blog,
> or through an NNTP newsreader or an RSS feed. Everyone chooses their
> preferred interface, the community is not fractured by interface preference.

Honestly those options suck.
The mailing lists etc are fine, but they are kind of old school, people
coming from other databases
expect a web based forum plain and simple.  To attract more users the
forums are a GREAT idea.

Stop this ridiculous complaining about interface fracture etc .

I can tell you for SURE that many people who are not OLD SCHOOL hate
mailing lists,  A web based forum
gives everyday users more of a chance of interacting with the community.

It would be a good idea to stop the bickering and just implement the forums.

Sorry if people don't like my honest answer :-)