Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 15:09, Tony Caduto
<tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 5:53 PM, Lee Hachadoorian wrote:
>>
>> If anyone's interested, I've started accessing the postgres list through
>> gmane.org (along with several other mailing lists I subscribe to). It's
>> gives you the choice of reading the list as a threaded archive, a blog,
>> or through an NNTP newsreader or an RSS feed. Everyone chooses their
>> preferred interface, the community is not fractured by interface
>> preference.
>>

> Honestly those options suck.
> The mailing lists etc are fine, but they are kind of old school, people
> coming from other databases
> expect a web based forum plain and simple.  To attract more users the forums
> are a GREAT idea.
>
> Stop this ridiculous complaining about interface fracture etc .
>
> I can tell you for SURE that many people who are not OLD SCHOOL hate mailing
> lists,  A web based forum
> gives everyday users more of a chance of interacting with the community.
>
> It would be a good idea to stop the bickering and just implement the forums.
>
> Sorry if people don't like my honest answer :-)

Clearly you're volunteering to tell us exactly *what* features are
needed that aren't on gmane, nabble or such sites. Which is something
nobody has done so far - other than just saying they don't like email.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/