Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kamil Srot
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
Re: Tables dissapearing  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Re: Tables dissapearing  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Tables dissapearing  (Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com>)
List pgsql-general

> Also, in your original post you mentioned a "proprietal CMS system".
> Is this proprietary to your company or one that you've purchased?  The
> fact that the same table going on multiple dbs all being run by that
> CMS system certainly makes it worthy of suspicion.

This is software developed in our company... so I'm sure it's not duing
aby schema manipulation. I'm actually senior developer of this project
by accident :-)

The strange thing is, all the projects are completelly independend...
has its own DB, folder with scripts, different data... just the DB user
is the same... so it's higly unprobable, that it'll do 2 similar errors
in thow distinct databases at nearly the same time...

When this problem appeared for the first time, I had clearly the
wraparound problem... I did vacuum it and partially restored the data...
but in some meantime, I had commands like \dt showing all relations
twice... (some system catalog problem)... then I did full dump and
restore along with upgrade to newest pgsql server software... this
duplicity was gone and never appeared again.

 From above mentioned duplications of relatio names and what Tom wrote
recently (doesn't see like WA problem), it looks like the relation name
is/gets corrupted in some way and this corruption is internally taken
over to another instance of relation named the same but in another
database... but I know - it's too speculative.

Maybe the binary backups of all the DB files from the time of this
problem can give some answers?

Regards,
--
Kamil