Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From brian
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
List pgsql-general
Kamil Srot wrote:
 > Erik Jones wrote
>>
>> Also, in your original post you mentioned a "proprietal CMS system".
>> Is this proprietary to your company or one that you've purchased?  The
>> fact that the same table going on multiple dbs all being run by that
>> CMS system certainly makes it worthy of suspicion.
>>
> This is software developed in our company... so I'm sure it's not duing
> aby schema manipulation. I'm actually senior developer of this project
> by accident :-)
>
> The strange thing is, all the projects are completelly independend...
> has its own DB, folder with scripts, different data... just the DB user
> is the same... so it's higly unprobable, that it'll do 2 similar errors
> in thow distinct databases at nearly the same time...

IMHO, it's not at all improbable, given that this software is connecting
to the same databases you are seeing affected by this phenomenon. Not to
mention that it's proprietary, so fewer eyes have gone over it.[1] I
suggested earlier grepping for 'drop' in your application. Perhaps you
should do the same on the CMS.

[1] Not meant as a dig at non-free software.

brian