Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
Re: Tables dissapearing  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:44:38PM +0200, Kamil Srot wrote:
> When this problem appeared for the first time, I had clearly the
> wraparound problem... I did vacuum it and partially restored the data...

I don't think vacuum would "fix" a wrap around problem in the way you
describe.  I don't think you have a wrap problem.

> From above mentioned duplications of relatio names and what Tom wrote
> recently (doesn't see like WA problem), it looks like the relation name
> is/gets corrupted in some way and this corruption is internally taken
> over to another instance of relation named the same but in another
> database... but I know - it's too speculative.

No, it just doesn't work that way.  Are these all shared on the same
hardware?  Are you sure you're not having other problems?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
        --H.W. Fowler