Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
List pgsql-general
Kamil Srot <kamil.srot@nlogy.com> writes:
>  From above mentioned duplications of relatio names and what Tom wrote
> recently (doesn't see like WA problem), it looks like the relation name
> is/gets corrupted in some way and this corruption is internally taken
> over to another instance of relation named the same but in another
> database... but I know - it's too speculative.

The fact that the same thing happens concurrently in several independent
databases is to me the strongest indication that it's something the
client is doing.  There isn't *any* mechanism within Postgres that would
somehow cause similarly-named tables in different DBs to go south at the
same time.  I don't say that it couldn't be a PG bug, but I do say that
the client is doing something similar in each database to trigger it.

My advice is to turn on log_statement and acquire a trace (with
timestamps) of all the SQL commands being executed across the whole
system.  Looking at what happens up to the instant the problem appears
should provide some clues.

            regards, tom lane