Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kamil Srot
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:44:38PM +0200, Kamil Srot wrote:
When this problem appeared for the first time, I had clearly the
wraparound problem... I did vacuum it and partially restored the data...
I don't think vacuum would "fix" a wrap around problem in the way you
describe.  I don't think you have a wrap problem.

I don't know much about this part of the pgsql... so I did follow some instructions in the list and did restore the data... at the end, I did dump/restore... I just wanted to point to the fakt that wraparound was there in the beginning (entries in log, etc.)
From above mentioned duplications of relatio names and what Tom wrote
recently (doesn't see like WA problem), it looks like the relation name
is/gets corrupted in some way and this corruption is internally taken
over to another instance of relation named the same but in another
database... but I know - it's too speculative.
No, it just doesn't work that way.  Are these all shared on the same
hardware?  Are you sure you're not having other problems?
Yes, all affected databases rund under one pgsql server on the same hardware... I don't see any other problems so far. It's quite busy server runing apache, pgsql and php along with few scheduled jobs in the night...

Regards,
--
Kamil