Re: libpq - main symbol unresolved. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: libpq - main symbol unresolved.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > Syntax error on line 222 of
> > /export/home/rajkumar/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> > > Cannot load /export/home/rajkumar/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
> > server: ld.so.1: > /export/home/rajkumar/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
> > relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2: symbol main:
> > >referenced symbol not found
>
> This looks more like a problem in the libphp link process
> and/or the httpd
> dynamic loading process.

I have seen a similar failure on AIX recently. It seems that
php (and tcl, which was my case) use a somewhat different way to load
the shared libs than PostgreSQL does.

While PostgreSQL does not care, they need a shared lib that was linked
with a switch to specify no entry (like -bnoentry on AIX).
Maybe that has to do with our RTLD_LAZY ?

Andreas