libpq - main symbol unresolved.

From
Joseph Rajkumar
Date:
Hi Folks
   I am using Solaris-2.8 with all the gnu tools. I am trying
to compile php with PostgreSQL and when I run apache, I
get this error, I have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include
/usr/local/pgsql/lib:/usr/local/lib and export it.
   Everything works fine, when I do not include "postgreSQL".
When I compiled and tested PostgreSQL all the tests passed.

> Syntax error on line 222 of
/export/home/rajkumar/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /export/home/rajkumar/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
server: ld.so.1: > /export/home/rajkumar/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2: symbol main:
>referenced symbol not found

I would greatly appreciate any help
Joseph Rajkumar

Re: libpq - main symbol unresolved.

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Joseph Rajkumar writes:

> > Syntax error on line 222 of
> /export/home/rajkumar/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /export/home/rajkumar/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
> server: ld.so.1: > /export/home/rajkumar/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
> relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2: symbol main:
> >referenced symbol not found

This looks more like a problem in the libphp link process and/or the httpd
dynamic loading process.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: libpq - main symbol unresolved.

From
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Date:
> > > Syntax error on line 222 of
> > /export/home/rajkumar/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> > > Cannot load /export/home/rajkumar/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
> > server: ld.so.1: > /export/home/rajkumar/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
> > relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2: symbol main:
> > >referenced symbol not found
>
> This looks more like a problem in the libphp link process
> and/or the httpd
> dynamic loading process.

I have seen a similar failure on AIX recently. It seems that
php (and tcl, which was my case) use a somewhat different way to load
the shared libs than PostgreSQL does.

While PostgreSQL does not care, they need a shared lib that was linked
with a switch to specify no entry (like -bnoentry on AIX).
Maybe that has to do with our RTLD_LAZY ?

Andreas