Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL
Date
Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>> There are several supported platforms not represented on the buildfarm -
>> e.g. the one HPUX member has never actually reported any results.
>>

> Yeah, and this is not a good thing.  Eventually I'd like to get to a
> point where every platform we consider "supported" has regular buildfarm
> reports.  No more calls for port reports during beta periods --- beta
> work should focus on functionality testing, not getting it to build.

Then people who have access to people who own or can provide access to
machines in classes not covered need to do a bit of begging ;-)

The requirements are (deliberately) very modest:

OS and toolset required to build postgres from CVS
A modern perl installation (>=5.6 is adequate)
Anonymous read access to a CVS repository - either the one at
postgresql.org or a replica
Outbound HTTP port 80 access to www.pgbuildfarm.org, possibly via a proxy.

Once it is set up it is close to hands free - you just set up the cron
job(s) or equivalent.

cheers

andrew