Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday 23 June 2006 14:30, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> >> There are several supported platforms not represented on the buildfarm -
> >> e.g. the one HPUX member has never actually reported any results.
> >
> > Yeah, and this is not a good thing.  Eventually I'd like to get to a
> > point where every platform we consider "supported" has regular buildfarm
> > reports.  No more calls for port reports during beta periods --- beta
> > work should focus on functionality testing, not getting it to build.
>
> Then people who have access to people who own or can provide access to
> machines in classes not covered need to do a bit of begging ;-)
>
> The requirements are (deliberately) very modest:
>
> OS and toolset required to build postgres from CVS
> A modern perl installation (>=5.6 is adequate)
> Anonymous read access to a CVS repository - either the one at
> postgresql.org or a replica
> Outbound HTTP port 80 access to www.pgbuildfarm.org, possibly via a proxy.
>
> Once it is set up it is close to hands free - you just set up the cron
> job(s) or equivalent.

Dave,

wasn't someone just trying to donate a machine to us for the website but we
weren't sure what to do with it?  One that could do VM's?  Seems we could use
that for some buildfarm members maybe.

--
Robert Treat