Re: compiling pgadmin3 on suse 9.3 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Miha Radej
Subject Re: compiling pgadmin3 on suse 9.3
Date
List pgadmin-support
hi again!

>>upon executing the binary, i get the following error message:
>>Cannot convert from the charset '@LOCALE,UTF-8,ISO-8859-2,CP1250'!
>>
>>after clicking ok, everything seems to work without problems. is this
>>message a result of using the "--enable-debug" switch? does
>>it go away
>>if i were to build without that switch?
>
> Is it a wxAssert message? If so, then yes, it will.

this is it: http://mcajvar.prkoritu.net/images/pga3_error.png
it doesn't really bother me. i'll try also on a friend's computer and if
he won't have such problems, it's probably something i've messed up
somewhere :)

> Absolutely. There are some platform specific spec files already under
> http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/pgadmin3/pkg/, however
> I'd like to use a single file in the future rather than try to maintain
> various one. I doubt it will be very difficult - it's just that noone
> got round to it yet. If you wanna give it a go it sounds like an ideal
> starter project.

:) i'll try to produce a working rpm for my friend first. i know perl a
little, [ba]sh is like german to me: i understand some words, i
recognize the letters but that's about it ;)

thank you for your quick answer!

regards,