Re: Future Non-server Windows support??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Future Non-server Windows support???
Date
Re: Future Non-server Windows support???  (Bill Haught <wlhaught4754323@att.net>)
List pgsql-general
Bill Haught wrote:
> My main concern is that Microsoft has Enterprise versions of Windows and
> versions for everything else which makes me wonder if at some point
> Windows versions for desktop use may not have features needed by some
> database applications or differences between the versions may be enough
> to necessitate slight tweaks to code and compiling additional versions.

Speaking as a semi-ignorant, I had the impressions that all Windows versions
are pretty similar under the hood (with occasional annoying behavior changes),
and most of the differences are on the GUI level, while the C API is pretty
much the same.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe