Re: Intermittent ODBC problems and spurious usernames and - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Greg Campbell
Subject Re: Intermittent ODBC problems and spurious usernames and
Date
List pgsql-odbc
You are on the right path -- to the point on initial login Jet might try
to login to server database with its username and password (Admin and
blank or whatever you are using with Access) unless you change this
behavior. The trick is to manage the registry key called JetTryAuth (on
the Access client machines).

You can use regedit to get to your version of Jet (3.5 or 4.0)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Sofware\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\ODBC
If you find JetTryAuth as 1, modify it to be 0.

If you have multiple machines to set, you may want to use an INF file,
or set it in an install.

Using the MySysConf as a table on the server database is a completely
optional performance tuning thing.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/off2000/html/achowmsysconftableattachedsqldatabasess.asp