Intermittent ODBC problems and spurious usernames and tables - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michelle Murrain
Subject Intermittent ODBC problems and spurious usernames and tables
Date
List pgsql-odbc
We're using a postgresql back end for a fairly complex Access database,
with 10+ tables. We're running into a few oddities, and are trying to
track some stuff down. We're using AccessXP, and mostly on WinXP (one
Win2K client - but that doesn't seem to matter)

Every time a connection to the DB is made, there are a couple of log
entries that make no sense:

2003-10-20 14:08:10 LOG:  connection received: host=66.xx.xx.xx
port=2910
2003-10-20 14:08:10 FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 66.xx.xx.xx,
user Admin, database foo

There is no user "Admin" - the ODBC connection was set up with a
different username.

and:

2003-10-20 14:08:10 ERROR:  Relation "msysconf" does not exist
2003-10-20 14:08:10 LOG:  statement: SELECT Config, nValue FROM MSysConf

Basically, the connection seems to work fine, although we've had some
intermittent problems, and we're not sure if these might be the culprit.

Thanks!
--
.Michelle

AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575

"Our capacity to make peace with another person and with the world
depends very much on our capacity to make peace with ourselves." -- Thich Nhat Hanh