Re: Intermittent ODBC problems and spurious usernames and - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: Intermittent ODBC problems and spurious usernames and
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Michelle Murrain wrote:

> We're using a postgresql back end for a fairly complex Access database,
> with 10+ tables. We're running into a few oddities, and are trying to
> track some stuff down. We're using AccessXP, and mostly on WinXP (one
> Win2K client - but that doesn't seem to matter)
>
> Every time a connection to the DB is made, there are a couple of log
> entries that make no sense:
>
> 2003-10-20 14:08:10 LOG:  connection received: host=66.xx.xx.xx
> port=2910
> 2003-10-20 14:08:10 FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 66.xx.xx.xx,
> user Admin, database foo
>
> There is no user "Admin" - the ODBC connection was set up with a
> different username.

Access is first trying to connect using the Access user id whose
default is Admin.

> and:
>
> 2003-10-20 14:08:10 ERROR:  Relation "msysconf" does not exist
> 2003-10-20 14:08:10 LOG:  statement: SELECT Config, nValue FROM MSysConf

Access can be optimized a bit if you create a table on the server
called MSysConf. It is attempting to determine your server settings:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/off2000/html/achowmsysconftableattachedsqldatabasess.asp

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com