The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group needs you. :) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing group needs you. :)
Date
Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

For the foreseeable future, I'm practically out of time to take care of
any Advocacy stuff.

i.e. Stuff I can do:

- Throw in a comment here and there, assist with some guidance if needed
now and again, etc.

Stuff I can't do (any more):

- Co-ordinating PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing efforts
- Technical changes to the webserver side of things
- Consistently read the list
- Much at all in relation to this

The will is there, the practical reality of being able to get everything
done is not.  :-/

At least one direct email requiring some form of response is coming in
every 5 to 8 minutes (not counting mailing lists), 24 hours a day, 5
days a week (less on weekends thankfully), and this is impacting
things.  Presently I'm dropping stuff everywhere, and that's just not
cool.

So, we need to do some organising of who does what for the PostgreSQL
Advocacy and Marketing group.

Initial list of what needs to be covered:

- Who will now do backend Advocacy site changes?  A couple of you
already have accounts on the server.

- Who knows or is willing to learn Zope and ZWiki, so that areas needing
collaboration can leverage from this combo?

- Who will drive specific initiatives?

  i.e.

  The 7.3 Press Release, and the translations of it
  The list of GUI tools
  and so forth

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift