Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Justin,

> For the foreseeable future, I'm practically out of time to take care
> of
> any Advocacy stuff.

Welcome to the club.

> Initial list of what needs to be covered:
>
> - Who will now do backend Advocacy site changes?  A couple of you
> already have accounts on the server.

I have an account on techdocs, but I don't know how to utilize it to
make changes to the site.

> - Who knows or is willing to learn Zope and ZWiki, so that areas
> needing
> collaboration can leverage from this combo?

Not me ... anyone else?

> - Who will drive specific initiatives?

Specific initiatives are less of a problem.   They are generally
motivated by whomever proposed them.

So, question:  Do you want your name off of the 7.3 press release?

Otherwise, I see the following areas of Advocacy admin:

1) The Advocacy Web Site
2) List and community admin (i.e. arbitrator)
3) General press relations
4) Press releases

I think Robert and I can drive 3&4 easily, especially with your and
Marc's occasional help (speaking of which, I'll need the list of
translators for Advocacy).

I also think that volunteers/elections/assignments can wait until after
the 7.3 press release.

-Josh Berkus