Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Michael Davis wrote:

> I will fix the permission denied problem by granting access to these tables
> to the Admin user.  I don't think this is the real cause of my problem.  The
> null issue is the real problem  Considering your response, does this mean I
> am the first user to encounter this issue?  I am not very satisfied with

<snip>

> Could this problem be fixed in the ODBC driver of does it need to be fixed
> in PostgreSQL?  None of the commercial databases that I have used (including
> Oracle) support the syntax you are suggesting.  I wonder how this works with
> SQL Server?

It really should be fixed in the backend.  I don't want to get into parsing sql
strings too much.  From what I've heard, its a fairly simple change to make
"col=null" work like "col isnull", and someone else on the list mentioned they
did it.

Can we just get this into the next release of Postgres?

Byron