RE: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Davis
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I will fix the permission denied problem by granting access to these tables
to the Admin user.  I don't think this is the real cause of my problem.  The
null issue is the real problem  Considering your response, does this mean I
am the first user to encounter this issue?  I am not very satisfied with
Access97 and intend to replace it very soon. I am planning to port the back
end to PostgreSQL and the front end to TCL/TK in the near future.  I am
concerned about creating reports with TCL/TK and how they will interact with
a printer on Windows 95.  Access97 automatically handles a lot of things
that I will have to implement in TCL/TK.  Printing is one of them. What are
other users of PostgreSQL using for a front end?  The front end tool must
run on Windows 95.  My current Access97 database application has 9 users
that have Windows 95 workstations.

I would like to make available tools/instructions for upgrading from
Access97 to PostgreSQL (back end) and from Access97 to TCL/TK (front end).
This will take some time to implement all the details.  I will start this
process if others would like to contribute their experiences and work
arounds.

Could this problem be fixed in the ODBC driver of does it need to be fixed
in PostgreSQL?  None of the commercial databases that I have used (including
Oracle) support the syntax you are suggesting.  I wonder how this works with
SQL Server?