Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From jose' soares
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> Valerio Santinelli ha scritto:
>
> > Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> > > The second problem is this:
> > >
> > > conn=153237224, query='SELECT "RentalOrders"."rentalorderlinesid" FROM "rentalorderlines"
> > > "RentalOrders" WHERE ("rentalorderid" =  NULL ) '
> > > ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "null"'
> > > STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=1, errmsg='Error while executing the query'
> > >
> > > Since postgres will not recognize the syntax (where 'col' = null)...  it only recognizes
> > > "isnull".  I was hoping someone would have added the ability for the parser to handle this at
> > > some point (Hey Dave, maybe you could contribute something here man :-).
> >
> > The second problem is affecting my system as well.. do you think that there's a way around it without waiting for
someoneto patch the PostgreSQL code ?

> > --
> >

> > Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
> > [tanis@mediacom.it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]
>
> When I started to use Access97 with PostgreSQL I had this problem too and I made a change to
./src/backend/parser/gram.y
> to make Access recognize the syntax  "column_name" = NULL and it works fine now.
> Here attached the patch to gram.y.
>
> Buona fortuna.
>
> -Jose'-
> "No other success in life can compensate for failure in the home" (David O. McKay)

Sorry, I forgot attachment.
-Jose'-

*** ./src/backend/parser/gram.old.y    Wed Mar  3 15:03:27 1999
--- ./src/backend/parser/gram.y    Wed Dec  2 12:54:12 1998
*** 3323,3328 ****
--- 3323,3330 ----
                  {    $$ = makeA_Expr(OP, "<", $1, $3); }
          | a_expr '>' a_expr
                  {    $$ = makeA_Expr(OP, ">", $1, $3); }
+           | a_expr '=' NULL_P
+                   {    $$ = makeA_Expr(ISNULL, NULL, $1, NULL); }
          | a_expr '=' a_expr
                  {    $$ = makeA_Expr(OP, "=", $1, $3); }