Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From jose' soares
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Valerio Santinelli ha scritto:

> Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
>
> > Michael Davis wrote:
> >
> > > Here is the psqlodbc.log file.  The first time the form opens, it correctly
> > > opens the first rentalorder.  I immediately moved to the new record in
> > > Access which opens a message box with an ODBC error (no description).  I the
> > > blank rental order looks okay but the rental order lines records all have
> > > errors.  Even if I move back to a valid record, the order lines will show
> > > only errors.
> > >
> > The second problem is this:
> >
> > conn=153237224, query='SELECT "RentalOrders"."rentalorderlinesid" FROM "rentalorderlines"
> > "RentalOrders" WHERE ("rentalorderid" =  NULL ) '
> > ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "null"'
> > STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=1, errmsg='Error while executing the query'
> >
> > Since postgres will not recognize the syntax (where 'col' = null)...  it only recognizes
> > "isnull".  I was hoping someone would have added the ability for the parser to handle this at
> > some point (Hey Dave, maybe you could contribute something here man :-).
>
> The second problem is affecting my system as well.. do you think that there's a way around it without waiting for
someoneto patch the PostgreSQL code ?

> --
>

> Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
> [tanis@mediacom.it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]

When I started to use Access97 with PostgreSQL I had this problem too and I made a change to
./src/backend/parser/gram.y
to make Access recognize the syntax  "column_name" = NULL and it works fine now.
Here attached the patch to gram.y.

Buona fortuna.

-Jose'-
"No other success in life can compensate for failure in the home" (David O. McKay)