Re: autovacuum: found orphan temp table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autovacuum: found orphan temp table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> While it is obvious what is happening in $SUBJECT as well as reasonably
> obvious why it can happen. What isn't obvious is what to do about it. It
> seems we log in as a super user and drop the temp tables.

You don't need to do anything --- the table will go away the next time
a session makes use of that pg_stat_temp schema.

> However, I would think if we know that it is orphaned that autovacuum
> should just clean those up?

That seems to me to be outside the charter of autovacuum, particularly
since orphan tables might be of interest for forensic reasons.