Re: autovacuum: found orphan temp table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: autovacuum: found orphan temp table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Hi,

> While it is obvious what is happening in $SUBJECT as well as
> reasonably obvious why it can happen. What isn't obvious is what to
> do about it. It seems we log in as a super user and drop the temp
> tables.
>
> However, I would think if we know that it is orphaned that
> autovacuum should just clean those up?

As far as I recall, if you wait long enough it will drop them.  Looking
at the code: yes, it's forcibly dropped when it becomes a problem for
xid wraparound.  Of course, you can drop it as superuser as well; that
will save you a few months of WARNING spam ...

Cheers