Re: 7.4 release news item on postgresql.org

From: Merlin Moncure
Subject: Re: 7.4 release news item on postgresql.org
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

7.4 release news item on postgresql.org  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: 7.4 release news item on postgresql.org  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: 7.4 release news item on postgresql.org  (Robert Treat, )
 Re: 7.4 release news item on postgresql.org  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: 7.4 release news item on postgresql.org  (Paul Ganainm, )

> Thanks, but a critique doesn't do us much good if you don't supply
> alternate
> text.  How about you just re-write the paragraph and I'll post it?

My pleasure.

Original:
Version 7.4 has been released after a long testing period, due to the
rather large number of new "enterprise" features we have. Click download
links above to download it, or read more to find out about our new
features.

Revised:
After twelve months of development an extended testing period,
PostgreSQL 7.4 has been released and is available in the download
section.  Additional benefits of the new version include new enterprise
features and performance enhancements.  Read on for details:

Robert:
Can you provide the major point or points of the 7.3.5 release?
(security   fix, bug fix, etc.)

Merlin