Readline library - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Kruger
Subject Readline library
Date
Re: [ADMIN] Readline library  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [GENERAL] Readline library  (Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.2ns.de>)
List pgsql-general

Last week I asked a question concerning the ability to use the up arrow key
to scroll back over previous commands when using psql.  I got a number of
good leads, and would like to thank everyone for them.

I found the readline library on sunsite, downloaded, compiled, and
installed.  I insured that the the shared libraries were installed as well.
 Shared libraries are installed in /usr/lib (libreadline.so.4.0), as well
as the various links.  The same structure exists for libhistory.so.4.0,
e.g. same links and location.  The system in question is running slakware
v4.0, kernel 2.2.10.  I also ran ldconfig after installing the libraries.
Just to be safe, I even added /usr/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file.

I am configuring using the following command line:

./configure --with-odbc --with-perl --with-libs=/usr/lib

Caputring the output still shows that configure is not picking up the
readline or history libraries.

Has anyone who is running slakware gotten this feature to work properly?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards - Bob Kruger