Re: [GENERAL] Readline library - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A James Lewis
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Readline library
Date
List pgsql-general
I am running slackware 4.0, and I got it to work by installing the
readline 2.1 package from the contrib directory on the slackware CD....

I expect it's because it's looking for an older version.... I've never
seen 4.0...

I also used it under 3.6, by installing readline 2.2 using "make
install".....

James

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Bob Kruger wrote:

> Last week I asked a question concerning the ability to use the up arrow key
> to scroll back over previous commands when using psql.  I got a number of
> good leads, and would like to thank everyone for them.
>
> I found the readline library on sunsite, downloaded, compiled, and
> installed.  I insured that the the shared libraries were installed as well.
>  Shared libraries are installed in /usr/lib (libreadline.so.4.0), as well
> as the various links.  The same structure exists for libhistory.so.4.0,
> e.g. same links and location.  The system in question is running slakware
> v4.0, kernel 2.2.10.  I also ran ldconfig after installing the libraries.
> Just to be safe, I even added /usr/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file.
>
> I am configuring using the following command line:
>
> ./configure --with-odbc --with-perl --with-libs=/usr/lib
>
> Caputring the output still shows that configure is not picking up the
> readline or history libraries.
>
> Has anyone who is running slakware gotten this feature to work properly?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Regards - Bob Kruger

A.J. (james@fsck.co.uk)
Sometimes you're ahead, somtimes you're behind.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.