Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql v6.5 changes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adriaan Joubert
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql v6.5 changes
Date
List pgsql-general
Bob Kruger wrote:

> A quick question -
>
> Last week I compiled and ran ver 6.5 beta2.  I noticed that the "up arrow"
> key would allow me to easily edit my previous command.  In working out a
> quick query, I always thought this was a nice feature that MySQL had and
> Postgres did not.
>
> I have since downloaded and compiled v6.5, and noticed that this function
> has gone away.
>
> Did I do something by chance to enable this, or has this feature been
> withdrawn from the distribution version.  Or, do I need to do something to
> bring this feature back?

You need to make sure that the readline libraries are found. The
--with-includes and --with-libs options to configure are a good bet.
readline is available from all good ftp sites in the gnu directory (e.g.
http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/gnu/readline/
)

Check config.status to see whether it has been found.

Adriaan