Re: [HACKERS] 7.1beta4 bug creating a certain table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 7.1beta4 bug creating a certain table
Date
List pgsql-sql
Kovacs Zoltan <kovacsz@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu> writes:
> CREATE TABLE pakolas_cikktetel (
>     pakolas int4 not null,
>     cikk int4 not null,
>     minoseg int4 not null,
>     sorszam int4 check (sorszam > 0),
>     helyrol int4,
>     helyre int4,
>     mennyi numeric(14,4) not null ,
>     lezarva bool default 'f',
>     primary key (pakolas, cikk, minoseg, sorszam),
>     unique (pakolas, cikk, minoseg, helyrol, helyre));

> CREATE TABLE keszlet_bevetel (
>     keszletnovekedes int4 not null primary key,
>     pakolas int4 not null,
>     cikk int4 not null,
>     minoseg int4 NOT NULL,
>     foreign key (pakolas, cikk, minoseg)
>     references pakolas_cikktetel(pakolas, cikk, minoseg));

> ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table
> "pakolas_cikktetel" not found

It appears to me that this is correct, since there is no constraint
on the first column that says that those three columns form a unique
key *by themselves*.  I believe there were bugs in the code that checked
for this error before ...
        regards, tom lane