Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> I can enable the diff attachment for commit messages ... I just fear the
> size of the email going out for some of the large patches that are applied

That's my problem too.  Someone suggested creating two mail lists, one
non-archived with the full diffs and one archived with the URLs only.
I like that idea since it doesn't bloat the archives and it lets people
choose what they want in their inbox --- can we do it that way?

Also, the new setup where the subject line is the first line of the
commit message seems cool to me, but if we're going to feed multiple
projects' commit messages into the same list then we'd better add the
project name to the subject.